Hi. I was sorry to see from your main page that you are moving this wiki to a new site. That said, I was wondering what you intend by "archival", because it suggests to me that you want a frozen, unchanging wiki here. Looking at what has happened recently on the wiki, your deletion of new content and protection of pages which people are editing seems to suggest that this is what you are trying to do also. Is it your intent to prevent anyone from editing this wiki again? Why exactly are you not allowing users to add content on the new game? -- Wendy (talk) 02:18, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
A Response from a Non-Admin
As much as I'd obviously like to continue editing this Wikia, I know and everybody else knows why and that's because tehy dont want even more work before everythign gets moved to Wizard101 Central. Now that I think of it, the way I put it might sound a little selfish but it truely isnt; if anything, they are being the oppsite. By adding new content, it may get deleted in the move over to Wizard101 Central without them even trying to. They dont want to dissapoint anyone so instead of letting people work their butts off in making Celestia pages now and then having to do them ALL OVER AGAIN on the Wizard101 Central, they just wont let you make any Celestia additinons at all until it's on Wizard101 Central and that way, everyone will be happy. Does that answer your question?
Joshweiser22 (Joshua - LVL. 60 Ice Wizard) 16:48, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Well actually, that's the reason I assumed; just not the reason given by the admin. However it makes the situation no better. If people want to edit here, they should not be allowed. Feel free to tell them the content won't necessarily get moved and let them make their own decision; don't make it for them. -- Wendy (talk) 02:36, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
There seems to be some major confusion regarding the site, so I will attempt to clear it up as best I can.
- Recently, the Wizard101 game underwent a fairly large overhaul of its rules, content, and game dynamics. This made 90% of our 8000 pages out-of-date in regards to the new systems and content. This includes older content as well, because the way the pages interact with each other via MediaWiki code (some of the most in-depth I've seen on any Wiki of our type), this necessitates recoding every page and recoding all of our templates for those pages. This is because they do not allow for interactions with new game dynamics and content and because many have been made out-of-date immediately.
- Also recently, Wiki overhauled the skins and coding available for running sites. This change in skin and code immediately made 6000 of our 8000 pages (75%) not work right at all. We have not yet been able to discern exactly why they aren't working, but we are certain it has to do with code and skin changes of which we were not informed.
In the wake of this, it was decided with unanimous user support over two months of open, public discussion that two things would happen. One, the primary site would be moved to a new location. This was done with unanimous user support (not a single dissenter arose over months, and every single editor, registered or not, was informed via global messages; furthermore, every single active editor from the last 3 months and every major editor/admin in the history of the site was also messaged directly on their talk pages). Two, this site would be a site "archiving" the state of the game before the Celestia update. This does not mean a frozen site, but it does mean that content has to be very carefully evaluated to ensure that it is before the game update (which includes a lot more content than just Celestia material). This second point was decided upon in the wake of Wikia's refusal to discuss anything with us. Since the update, I personally have over 20 unanswered emails to Wikia regarding direct problems from the new skin and code that are as of yet unresolved. Additionally, we have had a long history of Wikia not responding to what the users of the site wish to do with the site, so we pretty consider ourselves to be on our own with regards to site maintenance (we managed to get the rich text editor disabled only after a long email fight on the part of one of our admins, despite the fact that it was clearly the desire of the site users over months of open discussion).
Your message on my talk page implied that all new content on the wiki was deleted, this could not be further from the truth and I hope it was not a purposeful insinuation. If you actually review the history, ALL new content and edits that is pre-Celestia and added according to the site rules and guidelines has remained intact. The ONLY deletions have been post-update changes, which invalidate much of the other material on the site, spam, vandalism, and edits which are so poor in spelling, grammar, or accuracy that they are actually edits of false information, which have always been deleted on this site. Misspelling one letter in a word creates a very different piece of information in this game, often a contradictory piece of information and improperly added information has been one of the worst problems on this site for years (along with a very high proportion of vandalism, on average over long term 20-30% of all non-admin edits are vandalism, though since the Wikia update its been on average over 50% and up often 90% of daily edits). In fact, this is the reason why MediaWiki parserfunction-based templates became the standard of the site: to reduce the demands upon the users and improve site accuracy and maintenance. In fact, edit accuracy went up over 1000% (yes one thousand) after parserfunction templates were introduced. Again, like I pointed out before, 75% of our pages are no longer properly functioning in the wake of the Wikia update and we are working towards remedying that problem. So if you see a lot of deletions, please take the time to understand why they were deleted.
You also mentioned protection of pages that people are editing. Pages that have been protected have only been done so for three reasons: One, if they have been vandalized AND they are pages which are already complete in terms of their game content, or Two, page names of restricted content that are being continually recreated by unregistered users or users who aren't reading the rules of the site before making new pages, and Three, they are pages that control page content and site navigation that are being edited with inappropriate and misleading information. Essentially, they are being protected to prevent false or inappropriate information, vandals, and messing up the navigation and format of the site and there have been NO protections on pages people should not be editing.
Given that Wikia has eliminated our ability to edit our welcome messages or send global messages we cannot preemptively help to inform new users the way we used to about the rules of editing the site via methods other than direct talk page interaction and corrective administrative edits. We have a well-prepared, easily accessible document on rules of the site and highly visible posts on the main page. In the past, this did little to ensure that new users actually read any of the rules before editing, and the only tools that improved things are now gone. Not surprisingly, the amount of poor, inaccurate, purposely false information and vandalizing edits have dramatically increased on the site, so the amount of admin deletions and page protections have increased accordingly, though re-actively as opposed to proactively.
Overall I found your assessment uninformed and un-researched, which I found fairly disappointing. The site is not frozen, which is proven by the edit history, and nothing is deleted or protected that does not break the rules and guidelines of the site. The site has a specific user-input purpose which many new users have not been respecting as they have not read the rules of the site before editing anew. And because of restrictions placed upon the admins we are unable to do anything substantial regarding major corrective action to users of the site. That should clarify things.
Thanks, ErinEmeraldflame 21:12, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
some quick answers
That was a lot of text you wrote me, and I apologize in advance if I fail to address any of your concerns, questions, or accusations. Please bring them back up - I'm being as thorough as I can.
I've checked our mail system (all queues, including spam); we received exactly one email from you (8 weeks ago) and I answered it myself. It was about problems with the signature button (which worked fine for me when I tested it -- you can even see the test I did on the top of my talk page) and with a concern that your MediaWiki pages were no longer able to be protected. In the latter case you had seen edits by Wikia staff trying to help make sure the wiki worked under the new skin to those pages and the pages were protected just fine, as I explained in my reply. I am not sure why you did not receive any reply, but it is possible it went into your mail spam filter or got otherwise lost, but I promise I sent it.
That said, if you have issues and aren't receiving answers via email, please contact one of the staff or helpers (easily viewable at Special:Listusers) and/or ask some of the other wiki users in the forums about your problems when the emails did not work. If we do not receive the email, then we do not have any way to know that the system isn't working, nor that you have questions. Surely you must have wondered after 20 emails if we might not be receiving them at all?? At anyrate, the forums are quite active and people there are actually incredibly knowledgeable about making the new skin work as they have been doing it on their own wikis. Furthermore some of the Wikia staff read the forums and help when the users can't.
I would be interested in having you send a test message to Special:Contact to see if we get it; if there is a problem with emails not getting through to us then we want to know. We work hard to answer every email we get and to make it possible for any user to ask questions by being present on forums, visiting random wikis, and creating staff blog posts as well. We are always more than happy to discuss any issues you may have.
In terms of 3/4 of the site not working, please show me what isn't working and we'll try to make it work. If it is a problem with large tables, we are expecting a fix for that issue soon (probably next week). If it is other features then let's start a list and get them working. Anything I can't help with personally I will get someone more technical to look at. Also we do want to know what bugs you have encountered so we can report them to the technical team to be fixed.
In terms of the welcome message, I am confused as to why you think you can't edit it. You can edit MediaWiki:Welcome-message-user and MediaWiki:Welcome-message-anon exactly as you could under monaco. The only thing no longer present is the Sitenotice, and you can put any announcements of that nature into the MediaWiki:Community-corner, which appears on the Special:WikiActivity page. Any time the Community-corner is updated a bubble pops up, similar to a talk page notification bubble, telling all users that there is a new message there.
In terms of Wikia not responding to "what the site wants to do", that is always going to be feature dependent. There are many many features which we are happy to either enable or disable; there are others which we discourage disabling (like the RTE) but will do after some discussion, and yes there are some we can't change. Even for the ones we can't change immediately however, we are keeping track of feedback and it is considered as the site continues to evolve and change.
Getting back to the content, I was not insulting you, nor did I say or think you were deleting everything or preventing all edits. If I thought that I would have banned you for vandalism. I was asking for a clarification of what you meant by "archival" because I do not play the game and had no idea at all what had changed, nor could I find anywhere on the site where it was explained what you meant by "archival". It was, however, clear that you are not allowing updates to the current state of the game as you yourself have said. If the reason for that is truly due to technical issues as you claimed in your message to me, then that can be fixed and the wiki opened to all edits. If you do not personally wish to invest the time to add updates now that you have the new wiki, I would understand. However, you have contributors who clearly wish to do so and are frustrated and confused by your actions, and I would like to help them out too. -- Wendy (talk) 03:52, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Hi. I looked around the wiki but I can't see exactly what is broken. They seem to look much like the templates show them. You said 75% of them were broken so I must just not know what I'm looking for. Could you please point me at some of them and tell me what they should look like so I can see if we can fix them? -- Wendy (talk) 17:38, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
I have submitted far more problems than that to Wikia than one email. And I never received any responses. I do not have a spam filter on that email, so that can not be the cause of lack of receipt. And yes, I did absolutely wonder if Wikia was receiving anything, which is why I actually tried a variety of different ways, including the userlist, of contacting Wikia about problems, none of which resulting in a response. Given that other people have posted similar experiences, and given the rudeness I have seen displayed in the past to our site and others, I was not surprised. I have also tried using the community forums when I was getting spammed in email by another wiki within Wikia as a result of me accidentally visiting the site, but I found the responses (or was it single response) very disappointing and lacking (especially since it was a clear violation of site policies and anti-spam law and Wikia staff didn't respond at all as far as I know).
The signature button was not working on the site properly for about a week; a single test doesn't prove function for something that is coming and going on an irregular basis. Additionally, unregistered users (plural) were able to edit multiple protected pages on the site (plural) for about a week as well. I was not referring to the single staff member who made edits that disrupted the main page and changed the meaning of the content on the main page, which they edited without asking or even contacting admins despite its content being protected.
The MediaWiki welcome pages have not operating consistently, they have been sometimes showing up and sometimes not. Also, the ability to edit those pages has not been consistent, attempted edits since the update have resulted in nothing happening; there are no messages of protection, but changes are not recognized. Like most problems since the update, these are inconsistent in their functionality. Also, given that the talk page message bubbles do not work on all browsers (including my fully updated version of Firefox) they are not an effective way of communicating with the community. Furthermore, the purpose the community corner served on our site is defunct now that now it was deleted from its place on our main page when the new skin was implemented. And, for some mysterious reason, hours of work I personally put into the main page were also all deleted when the skin was implemented. So given that long established, MediaWiki default methods of communication have all been removed or deleted, there are not many options left of purposefully informing the community and the site announcements are the only thing left that might work.
Edits by users using the RTE were creating massive amounts of vandalization on the site as the RTE was deleting more than 90% of the content of any template page it edited and destroying formatting on any other page it edited. I spent hours daily fixing RTE-induced problems on the site for the first month of my adminship, and we eventually had to adopt a policy of allowing rollbacks of any edits using the RTE because it took too long to fix the problems sometimes. It took a LONG time to get wikia to shut it down despite user and admin preference (over 95% of the active community) and the fact that the program was actually DELETING content on the wiki and destroying formatting on the site due to major bugs in its program.
Regarding pages on the site, we are quite capable of dealing with the issues ourselves, though again, we have not yet been informed of any of the actual changes that took place by Wikia, so attempting to change MediaWiki code to deal with issues in code recognition by the new skins and software can only currently be done via trial and error. We have tried asking people within the Wikia community about coding issues we've had before, but to date we have never received or seen a response indicating that anyone else actually understands the code for our site to the level that we do nor have we have never seen a site within Wikia with coding as detailed and in-depth as ours. Given that, we would appreciate Wikia staff not editing the code on the site as we have not been given an indication of ability with regards to our code, especially when some pages rely on a dozen different templates to function. It would be more appropriate for Wikia to actually provide the information regarding what code changes were implemented on the site so that admins of sites can actually know what is going on. Finally, the only users on the site that have been confused and frustrated about what they are allowed to post or not are new users to the site who have not taken the time to read the editing guide, rules and guidelines, main page, forums, or any of the many other places where they would have learned better. I even point out the dozens of times older users have actually corrected some of the same new users in this, proving my point. It is not relevant and overly accusatory to refer to a few cases of new users who come to the site, edit without reading the policies, and then get upset about the policies when it by no means represents the norm.
ErinEmeraldflame 19:17, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
This user has made pages that don't belong in this wiki.
These are the links (Above)
--User:BenjaminStormrunner l BenjaminStormrunner Legendary Thaumaturge 22:09, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
Hi. I have said that your emails did not reach us. We can't answer what we don't receive and it has nothing to do with your spam filters. Were you sending them from a different address than your registered account email (which is what I checked)? Did you not send them through Special:Contact? We answer every single email we receive -- usually a few thousand a month.
I can see no posts to staff talk pages from you; the one post to a staff page by another admin was answered.
Intermittent problems during the rollout of a major site change are to be expected, including the odd problem with the emails from twilight and occasional temporary issues with editing *any* page; we work 24/7 to resolve them. If the answer to a bug is "we're sorry, it's fixed" or "we know and we are working to fix it" (which was the answer to your forum post), then why is that a problem? If you would tell us now what bugs you are seeing we could try to fix them. However, you have yet to provide one example of a current bug that could be fixed.
We have people on staff who are capable of editing interlinked templates with multiple dependencies and who are experts at mediawiki, css and js. If you don't want the help then that is your choice, but it is not fair to complain that nobody helps you in that case. Also, this public site gives every single change we make to the underlying code. Many of our users know about it; it is not secret or hidden and has been there since long before the new skin was released.
We have received several complaints about the way this wiki is being run by users who wish to update it, in addition to the ones I've seen on this wiki itself. Saying that they are all "new users" is exactly the point. They are the people who are going to stay and use the wiki; they are the new commmunity. The old users who decided on the archival policy have left. If you are leaving Wikia for a new wiki, you (as a community) do not have the right to also dictate the direction this wiki will take once you are gone. To put it bluntly, we will not let you continue to do so.
This is the only warning I am going to give about this. If I see any sign that you are suppressing updated information or trying to enforce this policy I will ban you. If you disagree then I recommend you focus your energies on your new wiki. -- Wendy (talk) 02:56, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
Reply to Post "Moving Forward"
I did use Special:Contact for emails, and I did not receive responses. I was not using a different email than the one I am registered with (though I cannot check because I cannot access preferences anymore). I did try the userlist, it does not populate. I did make posts on staff pages which didn't seem to be permitted as they did not save to the pages.
Nearly all of those reported bugs are current, ongoing problems. Intermittent problems within the last week I consider to be very current. And when I receive no replies, I definitely consider that to be a problem. There was no answer to my forum post over the weeks that I monitored it before I gave up about the 15 spam emails I received from the other wiki site. I resolved the issue directly with that site much more quickly.
A page of all the in-depth, detailed code changes to Wikia, while nice to know about now, does not help with the level of questions as to why previously operating wikia code on pages are working differently. Notifications and summaries of major changes to site code might, which is what I requested.
I cannot respond regarding several complaints that you have received. To date, there is only ONE complaint on any talk page (mine) regarding deletion of any of the content you are referring to. (The other complaint, which may appear to be about that material, was actually not because it was in regards to material that was not out yet, was done incorrectly, and had false information) Simultaneously, there are dozens of edits, in the last two weeks alone, from long-standing, still active users enforcing and communicating the given guidelines of the site (I am not including mine). Your so-called old users are still using and editing the site, at a very similar pace to what they always have, especially for this time of year as can be determined by in-depth investigations into the site statistics. Furthermore, not having seen any of the comments, not having any elucidation of their content by you, and not having the people raise the issues directly on this site in any form or in any of the established media, I can not comment as to their validity or basis. I can only refer to the history of this site and posts on pages, which do not support the claims you have made.
Your actions are the same as if a few users went to the Muppet Wiki and starting adding content from the show "Dinosaurs" on your wiki, whether the existing community wanted it or not, because Dinosaurs utilizes Muppet puppeteering technology. And then a Wikia helper entered the Muppet Wiki, and starting threatening bans to anyone who did anything against the users adding "Dinosaurs" content.
I am disappointed that you have chosen this route of not discussing matters reasonably or thoughtfully and instead have jumped ahead to threats of bans. The result of this is a reduction of my ability to make edits and fix false information (since differences between edits of false information and your "new content" will be often indistinguishable to you). This also potentially alienates any of the pre-existing users of the site as many will not come forward for fear of threats of bans, which is very inappropriate for someone in your position to do.
Given that I still put hours of work into the site daily, your statements regarding other sites are very rude and condescending, and extremely inappropriate. You seem to have some pre-existing bias regarding the site as shown by your rudeness and inappropriate comments and the fact that your actions do not parallel the matters which you have chosen to bring up and discuss. Additionally, your edits have deleted and disrupted valid content on the wiki not at all related to what you seem to be talking about.
ErinEmeraldflame 19:43, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
hi erin im a level 60 pyromancer in wizard 101 . im so excited that i got my level 58 fire spell efreet!!! In this quest you must do it by yourself but a tip or hint that helped me was hiring henchmen. if you havent done this quest yet i wish you good luck. you never know i might see you in the game and if i do im so adding you to my friends list because were both pyromancers and i consider you a friend
Can you help me ive been trying to get up to 3000 health since i was level 50 and now im level 60.Every time i try to get to 3000 it ends up being 2943 or something like 2975. I was wondering if you can find out if pyromancers are meant to have 3000 health or just to stay below it.
o and heres my name online its AdamGriffinhead lvl 60 Pyromancer
Thanks, adam griffinhead
wait what did i do wrong
Old vs. new site
If Muppet had a new wiki we had created and were leaving the current one then I would, in fact, not be upset at somebody coming to add content outside the current scope of the wiki. We do not have a new wiki. The situation is not actually the same at all. If you had not chosen to start a new wiki you could turn this one into whatever you pleased.
I in fact did attempt to talk this through with you reasonably; however you neither responded to my requests for information nor do you appear interested in any help from us whatsoever.
Your forum response was anwered; you were told it was a known bug and being worked on. If by "answer" you mean somebody should have stopped the messages instantly, as I understand what you posted, we couldn't until we fixed the problems with the welcome bot, which we did. I have no idea what extra action you expected anyone to take. Circumventing the problem with help from the local admins seems much more sensible to me if you found it impossible to wait while we fixed it.
I'm sorry all the bugs still exist, but as we have never received your emails or messages I have no idea what they are. You either have to actually tell us what they are again, (which I have now asked at least 3 times), or accept that we can't fix what we do not know about. As you appear unable to reliably do anything other than edit this talk page, feel free to list them here.
I have also asked you to work with us to understand why your emails were not received by having you send some test messages. Let me know if you ever feel like doing this.
Never claimed or gave any indication of leaving
I am going to deal with one thing at a time then, and what I consider to be the most important one comes first.
I have never once made a post saying that I was leaving the site. In the last month, I have diligently maintained the site and kept it free from vandalism and spam. I have also made more constructive edits to the site than most or all other editors, the only possible exceptions being other, established community members that also continued to help maintain the site during my recent downturn in edits (1000 weekly edits can have a tremendous effect on wrists). All edits and deletions of content to the site have been made following community-decided policy to the letter, a community that remained much as it was before this all started. Not a single thing was ever deleted on this wiki to facilitate any moving to another site. In fact, 10 of the 18 pages you restored contain false information. 1 is nonsense, and the other 9 were posted before the updated live realm material was released publicly. We do not permit test realm material on the wiki because it changes so much before it goes live that there is no way to ever determine what is real and what isn't making it inherently untrustworthy and therefore false. And based on past history, any pet pages with mixtures of false and true information have to be purged and restarted because people often edit real information into those pages accommodating the false information making all of the information improperly entered and therefore false. This was a major problem before with several pet pages and I am trying to avoid it again.
So I am asking again for you to please stop making these claims about my motives on the site and to please stop making edits, posting comments, and posting edit remarks based on those claims. They are untrue and defamatory and completely inappropriate based on the rules of this site and the policies of Wikia.
ErinEmeraldflame 05:49, December 7, 2010 (UTC)
You as a wiki community have stated you are leaving. You as administrator have joined the new wiki, and are editing there, adding content and making the site work. Your edits here have been merely housekeeping -- typo fixes, vandalism reversion, and before I intervened, preventing new information from "celestia" from being added.
As for the deletion reason, you rarely give one but your fellow admins did. eg. this
Time to step in...
OK, I have kept quiet and have been following this conversation for some time now. I feel that it's time to step in and put a stop to this arguing.
Wendy: You must understand that we are not trying to mess anything up on this wiki (especially Erin, she has worked harder than anyone here and wouldn't harm this wiki for anything). We fully respect it's presence and yes, we have moved on. We plan to leave this one behind to any user that wants to edit it. All that we ask is to leave our simple announcement here (on the main page) so that people can know that we (the creators and ones who made this wiki what is today) have left. I have a revision for the announcement that I'm sure you will find satisfactory (I just haven't changed it yet). If you will allow us to leave that one simple announcement, we will walk away now and leave this wiki in peace.
Erin: I understand that Wendy has made personal accusations against you and it has upset you. Although much of it is not based on good info and isn't quite true, it's time to move on. We do not wish to have a fight with anyone here. It's time for a peaceful exit.
Now with that said, I will go ahead and change the announcement, and we will walk away. I along with the others thank Wikia very much for hosting our wiki for these past years and I wish everyone whom stays the best of luck.
- Administrator EnlightenedShadow 00:29, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you very much for allowing us to keep our notice up Wendy. I know that on the World of Warcraft wiki, there was a lot of controversy about the way they tried to inform people of their move. I'm glad to hear that you will allow us to keep that announcement so that our members can be well informed.
I do have to say that, Erin was planning on staying with this wiki to see that it succeeds. However I have convinced her and the others that it would be best to just leave this one behind and move on. I just don't want you or anyone else to think she was lying (about plans to stay) or think any less of her because of the way I presented my previous message.
Thank you all and good luck!
- Administrator EnlightenedShadow 02:29, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
I was just going to ask about your fire wizard. If shes in celestia i could help her but that may be a problem because I have a friend that planned on doing the whole world with me but i finished when he ran out of subcription.--Kyle Icesword 14:50, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
I Found Something Interesting
I was completing a quest in hall of champions and i had to fight some sokkwi protectors. I found out that they drop a crown item, Pink Dandilion
Hi Erin, I'm Iggykoopa123 user and I noticed the message and yes I do need some help. How do you put W101 video on YouTube?
Thanks, and my wizard stats are:
Name: Logan Skydreamer School: Myth Current Level: 21 Wand: Swiftarrow's Staff
--188.8.131.52 21:06, December 20, 2010 (UTC)Logan Skydreamer
Who do I talk to who owns this Wiki? I'm interested in taking over the management of this Wiki.
I am still waiting to hear back any response from Wikia regarding the abundant lies and threats of banning, undeletion of spam, fake, and test realm content, and overall hostile takeover of the site by the Wikia helper. I have received over 40 complaints against her from members of this site who are afraid to confront her for fear of being banned and requesting me to return the site to the way it was (there were many dozens of people who were actively using the site under its previous rules) but am handicapped by her threats of banning to which I can not respond in kind even though she should have been banned from the site herself for massive violations of Wikia's policies and the site's rules. I have sent in messages of my concerns to wikia but haven't received any response.
School of Balance
Is the School of Balance still a stub after I posted the outside image or does it need more information? Just curious...
Eric Duskhammer 10:09, January 27, 2011 (UTC)Eric Duskhammer
Hello, i just wanted to ask why did you block ip 184.108.40.206? what happened and can i do something to get unblocked?respond plz
Adrian Morquecho 00:27, February 5, 2011 (UTC)
Update for Queen Calypso
I just updated Queen Calypso's page but I couldn't get the format correct nor did I know how to add pics for the attacks. Can you help me? Thanks! Llweyn
Please note that I will be away for a little while, I should be back in a couple weeks. ErinEmeraldflame 20:12, February 25, 2011 (UTC)
Asking a question about a deleted page
Um, I have a question to ask about the Moon School Page I was following. It said that it got deleted, and I wanted to know why it was deleted because I know a lot of work went into it. So, if you could answer that would be great.
The page was a duplication of individual spell pages that already exist on the site. It did not follow any of the procedures for making pages on the site and duplicated the purpose of the category structure which serves the purpose of having pages being linked and searchable via the search function and the categories. This site does not have listing pages such as that as there is far too much information to be listed on one page and the information is not searchable for other users nor does the page get categorized or linked properly to the rest of the structure on the site.
This information is available in the Editing Guide and policies for page creation on the site.
ErinEmeraldflame 19:12, March 9, 2011 (UTC)
STOP DELETING PAGES IF YOU ARENT GOING TO BETTER JOB MAKING THEM!!!
Any pages that were deleted violated the rules and policies of the site. Pages made improperly with false information, duplicate content, or so much missing information that they provide more misinformation than accurate information will be removed as they disrupt the site and provide false content to users.
Not signing your name properly and adopting attitude like this is against site policy and will result in a ban if you continue.
ErinEmeraldflame 19:15, March 9, 2011 (UTC)
Hi Erin. I've removed the notices from the main page and from the Community Corner box. It's time for the separation of the two wikis to be final, and for this wiki to go its own way and make its own future. It's obviously still attracting a number of people interested in editing here - and I'd very much like to see someone from that group join you as admin here. That will also be useful for times (like now) when you are away :) This wiki shouldn't always be defined as "the wiki that some users left to join another", it should stand alone as this wiki. Thanks -- sannse (help forum | blog) 02:03, March 2, 2011 (UTC)
The announcement was moved into the announcement archive where it belongs.
ErinEmeraldflame 21:02, March 9, 2011 (UTC)
hi there, i hope you can help me. -i am having problem in finding where to to get the right spell for ghoulish wisps, i check on charley and the other mole in mooshu but i don't see it. i am only level 5 gardener, please help me. thanks. is there any way i can do so that i will go back to ravenscar, i still need to find the yard birds and i have trouble in entering. i am waiting.
I'm sorry, I am not sure what you are talking about regarding the wisps you mentioned. For the yardbirds, you will probably have to complete the GH quests and level up enough to get it so you can finish.
ErinEmeraldflame 17:15, March 13, 2011 (UTC)
I'm relatively new to the wikia site in terms of wanting to edit, but have been playing Wizard101 and using the site since June 2010. As I know there are still many things being updated, I have been trying to help (or learn how I can help), but am not making much progress. Currently, I have been wanting to update the Badges page but unfortunately, it is locked for editting. If you have time, can you help me move forward on this project? However, if it is an area not able to be worked on at the moment, please let me know. Thanks.
Convexone 23:09, March 13, 2011 (UTC)Convexone
You can access a test version of the page here to try to improve it. It has been locked due to too many destructive edits and vandalism.
ErinEmeraldflame 20:11, March 14, 2011 (UTC)
Hi i'm new to this and i just edited the Jade oni page and i did something totally wrong can you please tell me how to edit spell cause it's not viewing an image of the spell just the code thing.
There was no pipe. ErinEmeraldflame 18:20, March 21, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for the message, i am new to this and still feeling my way around. I will let you know if i have any questions, Thanks again
I went to the Death Ninja Pig (pet). I'm not sure if it is just incomlpete or if it has been tampered with. I thought that it was a more complete page from a previous visit.
Adding new pages
I'm really new to the wiki-thing, and found that one of the loot items I was going to update for didn't have its own page. I tried following along for the instructions on how to add a page but being as unfamiliar with wiki as I am, it just isn't making sense.
Do I go ahead and add the loot item to the monster's page anyways? Do I just jot down the information for later?
- I went back and reread everything and I believe that I got the steps correct. The item I added was the Slippers of Tranquility, if there's something that I did wrong with it, please let me know so that I can learn from it. Thanks :)
hey i always fight stuff in ravenscar and triton avenoue and some in mooshu a lot so i can add a lot of stuff to bosses
dear erin Just today i hatched a storm beetle with a fierce hound and got a rain beetle but you said it will not work i have made the edit to your wiki page ty Brooke Wyrmflame lvl 50 balance wizard
I'm sorry, I never said anything of the sort and the page says any pet will work. ErinEmeraldflame 19:01, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
What? I didn't spam anything! All I did was add the 'Cat' category for pages like the firecat and polar cat and such! I figured it'd make it easier to find them. I barely even know what spamming is! Sorry if I sound upset, I'm just confused. I've been adding the category to pet cats for...what, a month? No one ever said anything, so I didn't know it was wrong. I understand this Wiki doesn't have very many users, maybe that's why. Don't worry about me spamming or something anymore, I won't be editing anything unless it's a spelling error. I'm afraid to do something wrong again. Best of luck to you, friend! --Taryn Lighte20px(Wrackspurt got you?) 21:17, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
- The instructions in the Editing Guide, which everyone is informed to read and understand before doing any editing, are very clear about specifically asking you not to do such things. Repeatedly making changes that create nonsense categories even after they have been rolled back is spamming.
- Hey, I have a question. Who gives the ability for you to go to Marleybone and what quest and who gives that quest? - Phgorol the Overlord Drill! 20:50, April 7, 2011 (UTC)
What's the best way to edit?
Hi! I'm new here, and I just started playing Wizard 101 and I LOVE it, and I want to help with the wiki. But it looks like there's been some drama? (with Wikia? that sucks.) and I though I saw something about only wanting to show material from the old version of the game? or something like that. Anyway, I didn't want to try to edit something and then do it wrong just cuz I haven't been here and don't know the rules, so I figure I should just ask you. Can i add stuff here that i find in the game as I'm playing it now? Or is this only for stuff from the old version of the game? Thanks! SuriBear 22:30, April 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Most users of the site left and moved the wiki to Wizard101 Central due to long term problems with Wikia and massive, unsolved and unacknowledged problems with the new skin. That included the other ErinEmeraldflame. The remaining active users decided to repurpose the site so that the two wikis could co-exist serving different purposes in concert but Wiki told me we wouldn't be allowed to do that (see the main page). Nearly all the rest left as a result of that decision as well. You can add anything you want following the site's guidelines. ErinEmeraldflame 19:15, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
hey are u a wiz fan to it is my screen saver!!!!!!!!!!!!
alexander ironblood lvl 60 firelord why did you delete the info for nightmare pet and not create and reference anothe page, now if you on any page that references to nightmare ends up a blank page, and thats unfair to those seeking knoledge
- A page with no information on it was deleted. Blank pages are not useful to anyone, and improperly made pages cause problems and are discouraged. It is better to reference nothing than wrong information. User:ErinEmeraldflame 20:46, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
all i am trying to do is fix pages that people screw up ike the rain beetle (pet) page you can hatch with a fierce hound i've done it multiple times and gotten a rain beetle -Posted by Brooke Wyrmflame
- That is not a unique hatching for that hybrid, and the page even says to not post that.
i have done nothing wrong all i am trying to do is fix the mistakes YOU dont fix -Posted by Brooke Wyrmflame
- First, sign your edits to talk pages as per the site instructions please.
- Second, don't take attitude, it is inappropriate. I correct hundreds of bad edits weekly on this site and I have never missed anything you attempted to fix or edit.
- Third, the majority of your edit patrols were done incorrectly and/or badly. You frequently removed some of the vandalism but not all of it, and you often removed valid edits that were made before the vandalism. Poorly fixing pages actually makes it harder to fix them later and negates the tools administrators have to fix such things. In the end, you deleted as much valid content as invalid content. So stop patrolling edits. You have shown that you do not understand how to do it properly; I will not ask again.
- Fourth, you also purposefully deleted corrections to pages made by administrators where no vandalism was involved.
Normally, this, and your deleting valid content in your attempts to fix pages, invokes a stern warning to stop such activity or be banned, but I was feeling nice that day. Consider this that warning. ErinEmeraldflame 17:44, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
Hi Erin, sorry to bother you but I put up a picture on the Inferno Beast and it wasn't mine because someone add a link to it. Is it okay that I put a caption under it saying this was someone else not mine? Thanks, LauraAshthief
- Images need to be added under the right name in the template format, as opposed to out of line in the code. The templates will control all the formatting and appearance of the images; we don't put captions like that on the site. ErinEmeraldflame 18:40, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
Erin thank you for unblocking me i wont mess with the wiki anymore. Also there is a new castle, robe, outfit, castle, and pet out on the card called the Mega Bundle at gamestop if you need some pictures i would be more that happy to download some for you!
Correcting a picture
Hi Erin, I was looking through some file and found a better picture for the Acient Wyvern Item Card, but I'm having problem uploading the newer version. If you could try and fix it, the photo will be much better. The photo is this link: http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/File:File-AncientWyvern.png
Thank you for your help Laura Ashthief
- You need to upload new versions from the existing version. Uploading new versions into new filenames won't work. And further regarding the previous query, image material from most of the other wizard101 fansites (including that image) is copyrighted and can't be taken and uploaded here without express permission from the site.
The picture that is at this link, http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/File:File-AncientWyvern.png, was a photo I took on test realm. I want to change it with this photo, link: http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ancient_Wyvern_Item_Card.png, which was a photo by Zay745. I would like to put the first linked photo in the page because it's clear to see what the attack and other stuff is. If you need to see the actually photo for the test realm photo, please let me know.
Thanks Laura AshThief
- We have a blanket policy that no images nor content from the test realm are used on the site, thanks. I deleted the image from Zay745 since its quality was unacceptable. ErinEmeraldflame 18:54, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
I tried to upload a picture I got from live realm of the card, and the dang page put up the older version! I' trying to figure out how to get rid of it so I can upload the newer one. I'm thinking of putting the picture up, and hoping maybe you can try a upload it because I'm having trouble with it. Sorry for bothering you about, but tell me if I should upload it for you. Having more problems with the page, Laura
You have to wait a few days until wikia resets things. ErinEmeraldflame 18:53, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for the information. Will be keeping tabs on it, and sorry about all the trouble with it. Laura AshThief
Erin I have been editing a lot because I am going through and capitalizing pet snacks so the redirect correctly. Please dont block my account I'm just trying to help :D --Brooke Wyrmflame 01:25, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering why was the category page of the Dragon's Hoard Card Pack Drops deleted? I didn't clearly understand the message that was left on why it was deleted. I would just like to know that's all. Thanks Laura AshThief
- Its a hard rule on this site, normal users do not edit or make new categories, and you never put manual categories on pages with templates. The category system is very large and complex, and a lot of effort was put into making it useful and balanced. A new category like that would have to be integrated properly and would also force a need for thousands of new category pages. Items are sorted by a dozen different factors already, and source categories are not going to be one of them as they would be impossible to maintain. ErinEmeraldflame 07:11, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
Oh! Sorry about adding that category. I thought it was easy to find those certain items in a category that was for them. Also I was wondering about the Traveller page. I've noticed that the Egg section has both Lifebloom and Jade egg. From my knowledge, and having two travellers, I've only seen it pop out of a Lifebloom egg, never jade. Unless it was changed as of last month, I don't believe Jade egg should be there. Anyways, Thanks for the information on the Category issue (I'll make sure not to do) and if you can figure out about Traveller in spare time (Only if you have the time to space). Thanks for your help so far and for putting up with me bothering you every so often. Laura AshThief
- Many pets can hatch from multiple egg types, especially hybrids.ErinEmeraldflame 20:09, June 21, 2011 (UTC)
on the page  there was a bit or confusion on putting the new critical/block ratings on the page. you might be able to fix it and add it to the template. i think i got it put on there, but not quite correctly. i didnt find anything on the help files. if you can help, thanks!
May I move Ice Shark to Snow Shark?
There is a .png image for Snow Shark. So... may I move Ice Shark to Snow Shark? I don't want to create a vandalism, but Snow Shark is the proper name. So could I move Ice Shark to Snow Shark? - Shizoru 01:04, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, no. Not without fixing associated pages. Your decision to ask was good, Your decision to move it anyway was not. Though you waited like five minutes before moving it anyway, causing problems and disrupted linkages on the site. Do not move pages around on your own discretion as you are not aware of all the potential effects that it can have on the site. ErinEmeraldflame 07:06, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
Storm Hound card
- How come the Storm Hound card does 50 damage per round when the card says it does 40 damage per round?-- Shizoru 16:04, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
Changing the Ice Shark image
- May I change the Ice Shark image to the Snow Shark image on the creature pages?-- Shizoru 16:01, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
- There is no Ice Shark image on any creature pages.ErinEmeraldflame 08:07, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
Why did you delete my page?
Why did you delete my page entitled "Flee, Refill and Return"
- Your page was deleted because it is not a valid page on the site. Please read the rules for the site which are linked all over the place before making invalid pages. This site is a database on game content and does not have separate pages for guides, tricks, or anything else not covered by the standard content. A more appropriate place for things like that is the forums on Wizard101 Central. ErinEmeraldflame 18:22, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Is it POSSIBLE for an Ice boss to use both Fire & Tower Shield?-- Shizoru 02:02, June 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Haven't seen it yet.ErinEmeraldflame 06:32, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
New Untitled Topic
Well It seems like you have done a lot here on the wiki and probably in the game to. and since you seem to mostly edit incomplete items such as the worlds of dragonspyre and grizzleheim, I would like you to help me get the pet portions of this wiki fixed up. so far,(By Myself) I have only completed one page about a pet that was made as a revision to the current one. (If you wish to see look up the polar cat page and the polar cat complete page. The one labled complete is not truly complete but it is all completely accurate and more complete than the first one)
If you could plz respond and keep in touch as we try to patch this up. thnx!
Jesse death 16:32, June 30, 2011 (UTC) P.S. the name does throw people off. I am a guy lol
- The existing Polar Cat page was more complete, so please edit that properly instead of making new pages that aren't formatted properly or integrated into the site. Also, please read the rules and editing guidelines for the site before making edits. ErinEmeraldflame 06:32, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
Change, edit or discuss
Hello I am new (rare you hear that I imagine) and I haven't ever done one of these edits or wikias before.
I thought I would edit some of my pet's [] missing information on this wikia, but I saw some information that was contrary to what I know. My pet (thunder Colossus) is an original pet I got from a gift card from Walmart, so the information I have is correct. Should I simply change the "wrong" information, edit it to allow for more than one answer, or discuss it? I edited it to say (for example:) Talent Slot6 ...(or spirited)".
IS it possible that a pet has more than one possible talent per slot?
Note: I think I should have addressed this to a "discuss", and I looked around for "discuss" but couldn't find it. I'm experiencing a little information overload here. Please direct me where to find help?
- Pets are not considered to have options for a slot, fix the error. ErinEmeraldflame 08:22, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
I was wondering why my page was deleted? I would have updated the original BADGES page but it was locked out for me to do that. My page was up to date and alot more complete than the one that is out there. I dont mind the deletion but if you could update the older one it would help. I do understand that you do not want more than one page with the same information on it, but again mine was more complete and up to date.
--Jaiken101 17:42, July 5, 2011 (UTC)Jaken101
- There were no new images to provide new information for the page, they were the same old images. If you want to update that page with new content and images to back it up, ask me to create a temporary version for updating and I will transfer the content to the actual page.ErinEmeraldflame 08:23, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
I would love to update it to the most I can. So, yes please create a temporary version so I can update. Thank you very much.--Jaiken101 22:02, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
If I know that a Talent is in an incorrect slot, but I also know that the pet can manifest the Talent that's incorrectly slotted, what change am I permitted to make?
Spritely is incorrectly placed in slot 6. My Ice Wyvern manifested Ice Shot in slot 6. However, even though my pet did not manifest Spritely, I know that an Ice Wyvern can have this talent. I uploaded an image of my Ice Wyvern's stats page by way of demonstration, called Epic Wyvren.jpg
What do I do about this apparent error?
Teomin 01:28, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Delete the talent that is in the wrong place and put the right one in, guessing will make the page have guaranteed errors.ErinEmeraldflame 07:58, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Erin, please stop deleting all the pages I put my hard effort into. They were fine and I saw no use for them to be deleted. I just want to share the information on some treasure cards I found not posted here and a type of new spell. Apparently Alexander has felt the same way so knock it off!
- This post was by Masmaster50, who did not sign it and couched it in someone else's post above. Below is the response:
- Please read the Editing Guide before making pages on the site. Pages and images that duplicate already existing content, and do it poorly, are not needed on the site. Additionally, all pages should conform to the rules for creating content on the site and should be made properly. A page that is made mostly incompletely and incorrectly is not helpful to the site or others and only creates mess on the site. Completely blank pages, such as what you created are SPAM and are not helpful. Furthermore, using the Article Talk pages to level attacks and blame at others is completely inappropriate behavior and is also SPAM, neither of which is tolerated. Also, posting responses on talk pages in sections from 2 MONTHS AGO, without headers and without signing your name is also quite rude and inappropriate as you are pretending to be someone else. It is especially ironic that you put your comment immediately below text explaining why everything you did was wrong, since you seemed not to have read it. Doing these things again will earn you a ban. If you do not want to follow those rules, then you do not need to edit on the site. ErinEmeraldflame 07:46, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
Hi Erin, decided to let you know that the Jade Egg is in fact incorrect. I tried it a couple days ago, and the jade egg results in a Satyr ( Hatching Orthrus and Satyr) and stay the same egg ( Lifebloom ) if it was a Traveller. So, with that in mind, I believe that jade egg should not be put back up on the Traveller's page. Thanks Laura
- Pets, especially Hybrids, are generally not considered to have exclusive egg types, multiple types have been shown and edited on numerous pets, thanks. ErinEmeraldflame 08:22, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
"Also, Aura spells are NOT damage over time. ErinEmeraldflame 08:32, July 8, 2011 (UTC)"
- I think Aura Spells IS time over time spells because in this quest "Advanced Combat" with Dueling Diego, He was teaching me different kinds of spells (Wards, Pips, Charms etc.) and one of them is Aura Spells and in that stage he said "Aura Spells affect the target multiple times in combat." and that means its time over time spells and showed me a Fire Elf which he told me it is a Aura Spell. So Aura Spells IS Time over time spells. --220.127.116.11 17:43, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
- No, Aura spells are Star school spells as defined by the Spell Type "Aura". You misunderstood, read your in-game manual. ErinEmeraldflame 07:10, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
Why did you delete SOOOOOOOOO many Celestia pages? ~"Misty"~
- Pages are deleted when people make pages with little or no content, pages that duplicate existing content, pages that post information not allowed on the site, pages that post information they did not get first-hand in-game, or pages that are simply vandalism/spam. (there may be other reasons, but those are the most common) ErinEmeraldflame 07:10, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, but I used Beguile on a Fire creature and it used Fire Kraken. (real name: Inferno Kraken) - Shizoru 15:23, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
Errs, I don't know what pages I moved, but if it was the DragonRider pages it was only because there are many different levels of the outfits and someone had put in level 40 info for 60 gear. I thought it should be changed. Other then that though, I don't recall moving around pages, only putting the correct information in for those outfits. Laura
New Wikia feature - Chat
Hi! I'm Mark, from Wikia's Content Team. I'm excited to announce a brand-new Wikia feature - the Chat. The chat has been available for a while in beta, but it was recently added to WikiaLabs, meaning that any local sysop can activate the feature on their wiki! The chat is an excellent way to communicate with less experienced editors and new visitors to the wiki, without having to explain the process of editing entirely using talk pages. In addition to that, the chat also allows you to discuss news about the game easily without having to renew a page all the time waiting for the new messages bubble. Just to be clear, Wikia is not forcing this feature on any wiki, it's completely optional. However, we do recommend the feature as it'll only make editing easier, and attract more editors to the wiki. To activate the feature, visit Special:WikiaLabs and activate the chat. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to leave me a message on my talk page! Cheers, Mark (talk) 19:57, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
This user, Penov, put something on the front homepage. Is it true?
- They started the site 2 years ago. User:Meritico and User:Jaycee27 took it over, after which the site was taken over by User:Potroast42 and User:RCWizard, and User:EnlightenedShadow and myself joined Potroast42 last year. Since the other admins left to the other wiki, I took over the site from them. ErinEmeraldflame 18:57, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
Frog in Your Throat
- None I know of, so yes. ErinEmeraldflame 05:08, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, put up the quest but I'm having trouble with the pictures. I have two of them up on the Wikia- Laura
- That information is under Creating New Pages, it links to all the templates for making pages so that they are made properly.
Hi Erin, by any chance do you know if there is a pet called a Fire Beetle? It was place on the Rain Beetle page, but I haven't heard of one. Laura
- Heard rumors, haven't seen. Badly made pages have popped up. ErinEmeraldflame 18:42, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
Hi, Erin! Well I was in the hatchery and spotted a fire beetle. I don't recall if I took a photo of it but it seems that the fire beetle receives the Fire Beetle attack card at anicent and gives a fire boost for attacks. That about all I know, the owner was looking for a pet I didn't have. I'll try and get the pet to help out the wikia. Laura
hi. sorry to bother you so soon but i accidently did the wrong thing when i edited the best gear for balance. how do i undo it?
- Whatever it was, its undone. ErinEmeraldflame 18:42, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Erin, just wanted to inform you that some of the dropped statues and new items were placed in the Crown Shop. Was wondering if it was fine if I added the current information onto some of the statues listed below along with, if needed making pages for the newer items- Thanks Laura
- Statues Added to the Crown Shop that were drops:
-Unicorn Statue -Khai Amahte Statue -Prince Meti Karanahn -Prince Suten Sokkwi
-Bright Blue Silk Kimono -Great Moodha Statue -Theater Mask -Grey Brick Tower -Green Brick Tower -Tall Grave -Bricked Well -Pie -Electrified Meter Box -Framed Dig Site Photo -Tall Palm Tree -Well-Traveled Suitcase -Ruined Wall Corner -Samoorai Shrine (This once was a dropped item) -Standing Ice Prince -Corner Wall Debris -Broken Corner Wall -Crate of Ice Cream -Imperial Bust (This once was a dropped item) -Flat Wooden Platform -Hat Stand -Hieroglyphic Ice Tablet -Hieroglyphic Storm Tablet -Snapped Plank
- All the items are still drops, so any information added can't take away old source information. Otherwise yes. ErinEmeraldflame 18:41, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
Okay, thanks for telling me. Laura
I was wondering why the page I created about the Patriotic Leprechaun was deleted and why you got rid of the links that I created on the Leprechaun (Pet) page that linked it to the death Leprechaun. I don't believe I had an account at the time so it may just be an IP address.
- Only first-hand information is allowed on the site. As the page was obviously created by other means, it was deleted. ErinEmeraldflame 18:39, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
For your information I have a patriotic leprechaun!! -Sponge610
- And having just one proves that you did not acquire the information first-hand since it is impossible to get all of the information you posted from one. ErinEmeraldflame 09:27, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
My friends also have some. -Sponge610
Can you make the scarecrow (pet) quest walkthrough please
- I don't have a death near that level. ErinEmeraldflame 09:27, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
What are you talking about? I moved no pages. Why did you think I moved pages? The only page I moved by accident was Ice Shark to Snow Shark, but that wasn't today. So why did you leave a message? - Shizoru 01:02, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
- That message was because you moved a fire spell as well. Its in your contribution history so don't claim you did not do something that you clearly were. ErinEmeraldflame 09:27, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
I'm a Wikia addict myself and I thought you'd like to know that there is a script for organizing the main page of a Wiki that might help with this one. An example of this can be found on a site (removed). I don't know if you need the community to vote on such things, but I already whipped up a template so you can see how it would look. The contents page needs fleshing out (since I'm brand new to the game and have no idea what people would look for often) but it's a needed addition since most every other gaming Wikia has it (see other sites (removed)) Кэне_零三 21:05, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Currently, the wall-style front page portrays the important information up front and is nicely organized. It is only used for announcements and would require a dozen tabs for the major pages of the site. This site relies on the category system and navigation bar for its complexity (because of the interdependent template systems). If you want to suggest things, that is fine, but you should become familiar with the site first, its far more complex and filled out than it may initially appear. There are currently higher priority problems with the site from the skin that are being worked on. (I removed links from your post as they were inappropriate for this site). ErinEmeraldflame 09:27, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
- The welcome message is fine. It says Wikia because Wikia did some kind of update that currently has the whole site and skin parameters messed up.ErinEmeraldflame 09:27, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
A Little Frustrated
I was farming Usunoki in Village of Sorrow to get Usunoki's Deck. I looked in this Wiki to see what information there was about the Deck, and noticed that the information was missing so added the page once I actually got the drop. All fine there.
But while looking, I noticed that there was no Image of Usunoki on that page, so I did a screen capture, cropped it, resized it, uploaded it, and added to the appropriate page. This was all First Hand information. That was all I did. I even looked at other similar pages to make sure I was keeping the addition of the image comparable to other such pages.
Some time after I did all this, someone else added some text to the top of Usunoki's page.
I can kind of understand why the text was removed from the top of the page. However, I don't understand why the page was undone to prior to my efforts, nor do I understand why the image was deleted. Would you please enlighten me as to my error? Teomin 17:04, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
- You need to use the image name and image format already typed in on the page. ErinEmeraldflame 18:25, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
I Was Wondering If There Is A Dog House Like The One That The Heckhound Has In The Heckhound Spell? If There Is One How Do I Get it?````Mark Flame
- There is not, its a spell. ErinEmeraldflame 18:26, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually there is a doghouse- minus the heckhound. You can get it from a boss in Celestia (in the Crustacean Empire), whose name escape me. I do recall that the boss was part of a side quest. I have one, but I got it months ago, so it's unknown to me if it's still a dropped item. I hope this helps. Laura - Found the boss. The boss' name is Nuncio.
- Yes, there is a doghouse in Celestia. It is nothing like the one in the spell. Erin 18:56, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Olde News Issues
Hiya Erin. This person ducangrimwater kind of deleted the information on the quest Olde News. I tried to fix it, but the page showed up with the template missing. I would like to ask if someone delete it or something happened when trying to fix the page. I checked and the information is there, in editing the page, but not when seeing it, not editing. I hope you can help with it. Laura
- The page is fixed. Erin 18:56, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for that. I was wondering: was the quest format missing? Thanks Laura
There is a fire spell named 'fuel' which can be obtained from the quest "Thief of Spells" which is given by Baldur Goldpaws. I don't know what the other schools' spells are but i can give you a picture of the spell.
WHY YOU STAY EDITING MY IMAGE
Thunderbird my image is better your image like a destroyed thunderbird
- It was posted 4 times previously, the image that was reverted looked terrible, yet you kept putting it up. The image that is currently there looked better than the previous one, and the shop view is the preferred view unless there is a good image to replace it. Erin 19:01, August 11, 2011 (UTC)P.S. Make sure that you sign each talk post with four tildes (~~~~) so people can know who you are and find your user page quickly.
Heck Hound (title added by Erin)
i accidently messed up the page Heck hound i didnt mean to just trying yo edit it since they said out of date when it wasnt sorry/
I fixed the page the best i can. --User:BenjaminStormrunner 23:28, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
help with item list
I need help with lady blackhope item list
- That information is already on the Lady Blackhope page, there is no need for a duplicate page.Erin 06:34, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
various unsigned comments by Santa22 regarding the wrong format for an item card
Sorry but if you think that card is fake let me explain something to you
if a item is equiped and it has cards it look like this
but when its not it looks like this
and i saw that all items look like that.
whats wrong with me having the card like the way it is right now?
Rank 11 Boss Creatures
Is there really a such thing as Rank 11 Boss Creatures? I saw it here and am wondering if this is true.
--18.104.22.168 21:14, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
- If there is a category with some in it, then yes. Erin 20:06, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
Magma Shark to Fire Shark
- Hey there. Since I play Wizard101 too and since a Fire Shark image was uploaded by another user, MAY (notice how I used the word "may" instead of "can") I move Magma Shark to Fire Shark?-- PincerBoy72 14:16, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
No, you may not, since there are 50 things that have to be changed for such a move. I moved them. Erin 20:12, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
Hi another thing diffrent about the fairy queen is that her eyes are purple instead of red (the dark fairy eyes) -Diana Thunder
how do i
i tried to start a page that would list all the quests for Vigrid Roughland as i thought people are looking for it so that they dont miss quests.... It said that you deleted and i was just wondering and would like to know if its a page that is not allowed (like its giving away information that shouldnt be) or if i went about making the page the wrong way...? Whats the right way? Lolliwhelan
(Autumn Hexshade, Lev 60 death)
- There already is a category listing all those quests. Erin 20:13, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
Is there a way to it?
(Post was added unsigned by Simont76)
- Everyone gets free access to the free to play areas. Otherwise no, and it is against this site's and the game rules to try to get it otherwise. Erin 20:14, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
Im sorry to ask but do you have a danger hound your willing to breed for a ghost hound?
I understand if you don't want to.
Please let me know my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
im sabrina summerbright in the game user name semiserial
who are all the admins
- I don't and me. Erin 07:00, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
Why did you (or somebody else) delete the comment on creature infoboxes
I had worked hard creating the template addition. It stinks that you/somebody else deleted my comment. If it was you could you please explain your actions. If it was somebody else do you mind putting my comment back.
--Hunter Lionblood 03:35, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
- it was archived, and I already told you that code no longer works right in the new skin. Erin 07:00, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Where is it archived. About the creature infobox stuff, thats fine. the other wiki seems to be a better place for me to share my ideas than here. I have not been active for that reason.
- --Hunter Lionblood 00:59, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
I finally had the guts to ask...
Dear Erin, I finally had the guts to ask you how I was vulgar. I never said anything that was inappropriate, therefore that leads me to ask, how was I vulgar? --22.214.171.124 09:15, September 4, 2011 (UTC)ScarletDarkgem
Meet the New Boss
It seems that Wizard101 create two quest that have the same name. One is in Dragonsypre and the other is in Wysteria. How should this be handled? Laura
- parentheses with the world for the new one would work. Erin 07:00, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Its a wiki, so communal page creation is the norm. Erin 07:00, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
Hello Erin! I was just playing the game not long ago and i hired a fire henchmen and he used a raging kraken of the fire school.... I got a screenshot of the card and i know how to create a page but i just dont know how to put stats and all of that on the page.... can you help me? thank you so much :) Kyle Skullblood 23:05, September 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Raging Kraken is a storm spell, not a fire spell.Erin 18:37, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
Dark Sprite (title added by unregistered user)
text removed as lame spam filter thinks it is spam User:Icy.trix
- Yes, it was. :) Thus, there isn't any reason I should need to explain. You figured it out for yourself.
- If you know anything about anything that is called plagiarism. Plagiarism is when you take another person's work and claim it as your own or just don't give credit at all. Did you know it's illegal too?
- Actually, Icy.trix, I did look. It's all copied. That's also why I put it up for deletion.
- This lesson is presented by: --126.96.36.199 05:39, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, first off, NO NEED TO SHOUT! Dark Sprite was blocked because the article looks like it was taken from Central, and our rules state that we CAN'T take other's work unless we received it first hand. If Dark Sprite had gotten this info WITHOUT looking on Central then it might have been a misunderstanding, but the article was in the format of Central. Please note that many articles were deleted due to the fact they were simply copied and pasted on our site, which were deleted and people were sent warnings of this. If Dark Sprite had done this more than once then he/she would be banned. More information on this might be answered by Erin, but otherwise try to be calm about it.
To all. There is no block on any Dark Sprite page. All "Dark Sprite" pages are in existence and have been for a very long time. Erin 19:08, September 19, 2011 (UTC)
ok i get it. im kinda newto wikis (unsigned by editor)
Stone Roses - title added by Erin
Hi, I noticed some missing info for "The Stone Rose" quest. I'm in the middle of locating them and taking pictures, but my pictures are getting misaligned. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I'm hoping you can fix them for me or at least explain how to do this correctly.
Thanks so much, and I love this wiki!
- The information is already on the talk page for that quest. Erin 18:29, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
page deletion - title added by Erin
Hi Erin, How do you delete pages because I see some inappropriate, nothing to do with Wizard101 topics by a Wiki Contributor. Thanks! Hmmm, wait what? 00:09, September 24, 2011 (UTC) Elizabeth UnicornWalker Level 60 Pryomancer
- Only admins can delete pages Erin 06:40, September 24, 2011 (UTC)
hey dude do you want to meet up. lets meet in the commons wu realm i am fred foe finder lv 52 myth
Alright, fine. Won't help since you don't want me to
Pretty angry right now. I originally was stumped by The Stone Roses quest. When I went to this wiki, I clicked on the links listed for each rose, but those brought me to the page for the area.
Someone else had posted a picture of the rose location on two of the pages for those areas, so I thought I'd be nice and get pictures for the rest. All of my pictures were deleted WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION, except a vague comment to post everything on the talk page.
So I reloaded all of the images and posted them on the talk page for each area. And they get deleted again. This time, I get a reply telling me that the info is supposed to be on the talk page of The Stone Roses quest. Ok, fine.
BUT! I took a picture of the new Crown of Fire map and posted it on the Crown of Fire talk page, because there wasn't a map. In fact, there wasn't even a page for Crown of Fire. I had to add both the page and it's talk page. AND IT ALL GOT DELETED. No reason listed. Nothing wrong with the picture.
So someone else needs to:
1a. AT THE VERY TOP OF THE STONE ROSES QUEST PAGE, BEFORE EACH AREA IS LISTED: type in this sentence "specific location info for each quest item are listed in the talk page". NOT NOT NOT NOT at the bottom of the page.
1b. All other quests like this should also have the sentance in 1a added to their page.
2. If there are some sort of rules for pictures, it needs to be written down somewhere for people to see before their posts are killed.
3. All beneficial changes to wiki that are deleted NEED THOROUGH EXPLANATIONS, or you will wind up losing the help of people like me. I'm trying to help, and you keep shooting me down.
4. If you still want my help, you will address all above items and apologize.
5. The pets section needs to be gone through. Unless I'm wrong, all food items of the same school are automatically liked by the pet. So it's silly to list them at all, unless they're loved by the pet.
- First: you asked on my talk page about Stone Roses, and I explicitly told you it already existed and where. You chose to ignore my response and post it anyway. The deletions duplicated already existing content.
- Second: The deletions were explained as duplicate content. If you chose not to read the explanation, that is not my fault. Duplicate content is not beneficial, especially after you were told it was duplicate. Someone pretending to be a administrator posted on your page as to what to do, but they were an unregistered user.
- Third: There are no guides on site articles as is explained in the Editing Guide. All hints relevant to something go on the talk page for that something.
- Fourth: The Crown of Fire and map were moved by another editor. I put them back. You should check the history before assuming that something doesn't exist. Creating blank pages, which is what you did, is not something you can claim is beneficial.
- Fifth: Discussion links will not go at the tops of the pages, it makes the pages look terrible and interferes with user-access to content. A clear link to the Talk page is already at the top, and the extra discussion link is at the bottom.
- Seventh: You/We will not list assumed snacks, and you are wrong that all pets like everything of their same school. There are no guarantees in the game as has been proven many times. That is why everything added to this site is done so through experimentation and first-hand validation as is explained in the Editing Guide.
- Erin 21:47, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
Looking for something that doesn't exist?
First, let me re-address everything I wrote before my action list. This was what happened to me in the order it happened. Yes, I didn't follow your directions about the stone roses. But in my defense: this is my first wiki. I literally did not know you had replied and instead attempted to improve upon what someone else had incorrectly added.
Now the action list:
1. Yes, you told me where to find the spoilers for The Stone Roses. Unfortunately, this does not help anyone else. This action point is for everyone else who comes to this wiki for the first time and does not realize that the spoilers are in the talk page.
2. What explanations? I recieved lots of notifications in my inbox that content was deleted. And every single notification specifically said "no explantion was given". Please explain to me where these explanations are stored so I can see them.
3. This ties in very nicely with #1. Who in the world is going to look in the Editing guide to find out where the spoilers are!?!? Someone looking for a spoiler has a very good chance of not realizing where the spoilers are, simply because the explanation is at the bottom of the page UNDER the links to the next quest.
4. I recieved a notification that Crown of Fire was deleted. I was shocked to read this and went to that page. Where I was informed that the page was deleted and did I want to recreate it? You restored it after I visited it. I do thank you for restoring it.
5. I see we are going to agree to disagree about #1, #3, and #5. Except, I wonder, if you don't understand something minor but important. I don't want another link. I want a sentence of text explaining what link to look for.
6. At the time I write this, you don't list a six.
- Every single contributor to the site is told to read the editing guide before they attempt any editing on the site. Every single editor is sent a message to that effect the instant they do one edit on the site. The same message is repeated on the main page of the site, and on every single edit page of the entire site. Most of your issues are addressed there, the rest are on other pages linked to that page. First attempts at action on any site should always be preceded by attempts to learn how the site works first. That guide was created and linked all over the entire site in order to ensure that people get the chance to do so.
- The Crown of Fire page you edited would have explicitly told you when you went to create it already existed and had been moved; it had already been restored and had not finished the move back. Erin 22:12, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
Dude, get off your high horse.
Yes, I made some mistakes. But you're making mistakes too.
This is your automated message:
Hi, welcome to Wizard 101 Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the page. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything! -- ErinEmeraldflame (Talk) 18:40, 20 September 2011 (This is an automated message)
Nope, no mention of the edit guide. So you better fix that.
No response on clarifying where the quest spoilers are. Too bad. It's a shame that your desire for a clean web page is at the expense of new users.
No response when I pointed out that all of my edits that got deleted had no explanation.
Crown of Fire: it would be an interesting test to have you move it for a minute and have me try to click on the temporarily invalid link. I no longer remember what the message said. I do remember that it asked me if I wanted to use the template or not.
I'm told to read the user guide on every edit page? Really? Let's see here... Nope! Not true at all. Absolutely nothing on the page telling people they have to read the edit guide. Something else for you to fix.
- Don't mean to sound rude or anything, but there is a Wizard101 Page Guide. Also you CAN'T move pages around unless you first ask Erin if there is anything you need to know before moving the page. Sometimes if you move a page all our links get messed up or some stop working. Also please don't blame Erin for the Wikia problems. The reason we "clean" the pages are when unwanted user, like Ewok01, go around and destroy most of our work in order to make the wikia a bad place. If you want to help, that's great, but if you feel if-y on a page, then ask someone. Most of the people here are only trying to help out, so if there is any issues just ask. Laura
- Laura, thank you for being nice...but you managed to miss every single point I'm talking about.
- You missed the point that Erin claims he sent me a message directing me to the Page Guide. He didn't.
- He claims that it's clearly listed on the edit page that new users need to read the Page Guide. It's not.
- He claims that adding the line of text I requesting will make the pages less clean. He claims that new readers to the wiki will understand where the walkthroughs are by reading the very last sentence on the page of the quest. The sentence that shows up AFTER the quest page starts talking about prequel and sequel quests. THIS new user didn't, and I bet others don't either.
- He claims that, when I recieved notifications that my changes were deleted, the notifications also included the reason why they were deleted. Nope, no reasons. Nerdboy
- Quick correction and a little bit more of some answers. Erin is a female not a male. Sometimes the reason is stated in the history of a page. The page guide link is located at the front of our page. Also the message is a automated message, meaning Erin will have to go through a long process of correcting it and add a link. Erin is usually going around on Fridays, in a weekly manner, checking on thing, so you should not expect a rely from her at any time. I hope this is a little more to what you were asking of. Laura
- I was wrong about the automated message. The front page still lists the editing guide, the first menu bar does too, and the system message for creating/editing pages still asks you to visit the editing guide. Sometimes it doesn't show up when Wikia's problems don't show the proper edit page.
- Spoilers and Walkthroughs are not an official part of this site. Spoilers related to quests are on the quest talk pages.
- I explained the deletion to you and I marked the reason as duplicate content. We have no control over the email Wikia sends you or what it says. We have no control over what odd messages happen when pages are moved/deleted - I agree they are confusing.
- I had responded to the things you said I didn't; my recommendation is to say "oops" and move on. Erin 20:30, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
Request for Adminship
- I decided to visit here again, I had taken a break to see if things would cool down here. Sadly it seems they haven't. I feel that another administrator here would help to solve the problem. Therefore I now am submitting a request for adminship message. I hereby nominate myself to become a secondary administrator here on this wiki. I have many plans that will help reorganize the wiki and make it even easier for visitors to find what they are looking for.
1. Begin using layouts on pages.
- I have found that layouts are extremely easy to edit if they are made correctly. I have done some work and have made layouts for many categories, namely pets (hybrid/non). For the pets I have made pages for pets made prior to August 2011 and it will be very easy to add the newer pets. I cannot currently do this as layouts are restricted to admins.
2. Begin cleanup
- I find it necessary for members of a wiki to "not litter, and clean up any litter they find". Though I can currently do this it would be more efficient if I was an admin. I would also not have to wait a few days for a response if I ask you for an opinion on a page, instead I would be able to do it without asking you and just asking myself.
3. Create more pages making it easier for administrators to administrate the wiki.
- This may not be needed but it is an idea
4. Improve admin-member relations
- I am not trying to accuse anybody here, so please just read.
- I have found that many (not all) of your actions in the past were rash. This shows that another administrator would help to cool things off when they get hot. Each of us defending each other when somebody gets upset at one of us. Page deletion, content deletion, account banning and so on need to be justified. Sometimes it is hard to justify these be ourselves. Usually they could be up for debate, if a person is upset then we would listen and then explain our actions thoroughly. I could continue here, if you do accept my request we can talk about this and plan out things.
5. Improve Infrastructure
- It would be very nice to improve the infrastructure here. By this I mean the editing guide and the rest of the important pages. It would be nice to create a page for signatures (by people that have read the page) to correspond to the editing guide. This way we know who has read, or says that they have read, the editing guide. Though editing the editing guide is tedious and quite boring, improving it would help a little.
- I know that you an I have had arguments in the past. If we can put these behind us and start off new that would be great. These arguments were caused because I wanted to change the wiki too much. If I was an administrator these issues would not arise because the edits I make will be done much faster and more efficiently, therefore allowing you to see "the finished product". I am a perfectionist, that is why I edit and re-edit pages, I want them to be as nice as possible.
- I hope that you have read all of this, I know it is a lot to read. I also hope that if you deny my request that you explain what I should do in order to reconsider, and what I can do to improve my editing strategies. If you deny my request because you are busy or cannot decide that is okay, I will get a second opinion from the wikia administrators, so that they can decide for us.
--Hunter Lionblood 21:01, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Here is the standard info for adminship: You need to be around the wiki for a while before you're promoted to being an admin. A good rule of thumb for the number of edits required is around 1000 or so. It could be less or it could be a lot more, depending on how much you interact with the existing admins. Through these edits, people can show their ability to edit pages properly, understand the templates through use, show a thorough knowledge of the game, develop a basic understanding of the wiki’s code, and understand the wiki's overall structure.
- Reviewing your edits, you made 1 edit of content addition to the site ("lookslike" to a pet). The rest were formatting changes or minor changes/notes you added, most of which were factually incorrect, deletions of valid content, deletions of wiki code, or invalid names. You also made a vulgar-named page which I just now found. Based on this, there is not sufficient evidence to grant you rollback or admin status.Erin 20:12, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
My name is Kate and I work at Wikia. The ads that go on the right side of the mainpage is pushing the entire page down; how would you and the other admins feel about columns? I can help you organize the mainpage so that only the right side moves down.
Let me know!
(talk) 19:23, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm confused - I'm spend days trying to figure out what you are talking about and I don't see anything pushing the right side of the page down... Also, the preference for the announcement page (main page) is to have the header and first announcement above everything else, since those two things are the first two things that need to be read on the announcements page. Erin 19:17, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
untitled by unregistered
Erin Lokar has had a name change to Grendel Madlings and you've undid every fix we've tried to do so now when someone looks up his name ca cant find him
- The Lokar page is still there, so if you can't find it, I don't know what the problem is. And "fixes" that were tried messed up other pages. Erin 07:16, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, it would seem that most of the spells are missing from the pages. and i know most of them. but you guys really should fix that to show new spells, or at least have someone else do it. i did add some more spells to the wikia that was missing, hope you guys add it to the list.
dude are you kiding, do you have any idea how long it took me and my friends to get this information? took us days, and what makes you think that there was a problem?
Response: The images were reported as copyright violations and they clearly were when they were compared. Erin 07:27, November 17, 2011 (UTC)
I'm very sorry for my rash edits. I'll try to think first before doing it again. Also, on my userpage, when I said brutally abandoned, I meant more by the community, since it seems not many of them stayed. Thank you for not banning me. The admins are awesome. Been following the wiki since 2010 (no acc), and it rocks.
PS- We should meet in game sometime. Been playing since August 4, 2009.
From, Thomas Lionspear
Ty for the welcome And I play Wizards 101 like all the time, If you play it Hope to see you in Zafaria, Waterfront. Hope to cya there.
Emily Swiftstalker (Death), Emily Battleflower (Storm)
Hi ErinEmeraldflame, I see you're actually the most active sysop here on this Wiki, i have some experience with codes, and editing templates; I see this Wiki has a nice number of articles, so it would be good some more personalization, making new templates for spells... so, as I don't want to edit templates without a sysop permit, I'd like to know if I could edit some of theme, just for upgrade a little bit them, and if you don't like the edits i have made, you just can revert it, so, if you can, please take it on mind, thanks. --Bryanzx 03:11, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- If you have suggestions to a specific template let me know. The templates affect too many pages (thousands each) to allow editing by non-admins. Erin 19:32, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
Is there anything wrong adding the Polar Cat (pet) page? Because everytime I tried creating one you immediately delete the page. I have my own Polar Cat Pet so I have the basis for putting such information.
Twice you have deleted the post I made for this article
07:08, December 12, 2011 ErinEmeraldflame (Talk | contribs) deleted "Polar Cat" (the information was obviously wrong, so they must not own the pet) 00:09, December 5, 2011 ErinEmeraldflame (Talk | contribs) deleted "Polar Cat" (This entire page was founded on illegitimate hybrid pet content)
I created this article page to keep track of the progress of my pet.
I.am.jomar 07:15, December 12, 2011 (UTC)
- The first one you did not create, someone else created the page with hybrid pet information and the page was 90% false minimum. The second one is already back as I briefly mistakenly thought it was CDN only that you were claiming a US source on (which would have made the information second-hand at best). Erin 07:21, December 12, 2011 (UTC)
I am bringing to your attention the posting for stinky cheese. guess someone thought that it would be fun to post vulgarity.
I am new here and don't want to cause problems but i as well dont wish my grand children to view this.
please fix the post
ty Alaboobka 01:03, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
Message with no subject or signature
I been editing and expanding, but some things i cant edit, or it wont let me how am i supposed to keep expanding?
Specificity is needed. Erin 06:42, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
 Well, i been adding spells to the lists, and takes me so long because i have to find someone on the game to show me, as well as tell me the name of the quest
but some spell schools it wont show, like on life. i added the level 58 spell, but it wouldnt let me finish editing the section for me to update the page and code.
- Do not add any information for ones you do not have first hand. That is not allowed on the site as it causes major problems in accuracy. I guarantee people will not be giving accurate enough quest information. Whole pages and quest lines had to be wiped clean in the past because of this problem. Erin 08:22, January 5, 2012 (UTC)
Wallflower up to date.
The wallflower quest is up to date. I just found all of them and posted what, I could. Wanted to let you know. Thanks!
Hey, it seems like someone is really messing up some of the pages. You may want to put a lock on some of the important ones
Santa22 04:35, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
No Title by No Signature
Why did you make a page that says fire shark when the card picture entered in it says Magma shark, Im going to change it.
- The card isn't real. Erin 04:59, January 15, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, i'm new to this wiki i was wondering if you could help me out. I want to use a picture for my profile picture it is 120 vertical and horizontal, everytime i use it as a choosen file it says no file used!
Please help me,
--Duncan Deathrider 02:56, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- You have to upload an image first and then change your avatar in your settings. Erin 19:25, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
I uploaded it but whenever i choose it off my files if says "No file choosen" --Duncan Deathrider 17:50, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- You added it to your page, then you removed it. Erin 07:08, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
hi erin! :D i was wondering since i'm new to this i would like to know how to post pic's thanks! PLUS DRYAD AND JUDGEMENT ROXS! LOL
question from user
Dear Erin, I have been reading some of the stuff on you talk page and I am a little confused. There seems to have been something about moving to another wikia. I am a recent contributer, way after all this stuff happened (that would be somewhere around 2010 looking at the dates). Were there plans to move to another wikia? Is there another wikia? It looked like it had something to do with you and a Wendy person. Sorry if I'm intruding or opening up old wounds. If its not too much trouble I would be really grateful for an answer.
188.8.131.52 21:02, January 24, 2012 (UTC) (Jack Stormweaver, A wikia visitor/contributer)
- In October 2010, the users of this site and all of the admins except one moved the site to a privately hosted KI approved wiki due to problems with wikia and the new skin and code they implemented. There were two Erins before - one moved and I stayed. Wendy/Merrystar from Wikia and I were in dispute as she claimed I was the person who left the site even though I was not. There was also dispute over the direction this site was to be taken after the exodus. This is the older site which is still up. Erin 19:56, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Erin! You have been a great inspiration to my wikia. I have never done anything like this before, so any suggestions, advice, ANYTHING about my wikia would be greatly appreciated. My wikia is Myth Wizard if that helps at all.
I imbedded the Frost Beetle spell on the Haunted Minion because I battled one with my new wizard and he casted it.
Hello Erin! This is ShrimpPin (Shrimp), an Admin/Bureaucrat on the Club Penguin Wiki. I recently joined Wizard101 and am excited to become a frequent editor of the wiki. Though I am very new to this site, I am extremely familiar with WikiCode and have some suggestions that would make the wiki much more appealing. On our wiki, we have a "To-Do List." Since I am not an Admin here, I can't do many of these things- but it will let the Admins know what they need to do. Do I have permission to make a page like this? I will show you an example before I put it on this wiki.
- If you have any suggestions - they can be discussed here on my talk page. We don't maintain a separate open file because it doesn't work and gets massively vandalized and filled with invalid suggestions, particularly by those who don't learn the site or read the site policies before making suggestions. Erin 17:01, March 5, 2012 (UTC)
I was not the one to rename the page. I do not understand why the content on those pages should be deleted. Even though they're not offensive, they're spam. Why should we leave spam on the wiki? Also, for the template I made, I think the current one is very plain and I just made the template as an example. I was not putting it into use, I just was making it to show you what it would look like. Who wants to see a plain boring page with plain text? Nobody. I think it would look nice and help organize things.
- In your user history, you incompletely rename and grammar check a spam page.
- No one said to leave spam on the wiki. I said to leave it for me to deal with it. I have to review the content of the spam for any bans and deleted content only increases the time required. Incompletely moved pages require multiple deletions instead of just one.
- The template contradicted our color scheme, didn't work on IE and didn't look great color-wise. That sort of box would not work well with the current template's code. I was not contacted regarding suggestions for a template, and we get dozens of people doing things like that. Users should contact me regarding suggestions for templates before working on them as their may be requirements that do not fit into ideas people have we have naming schemes for such things. We only implement changes like that if they are done to the entire wiki; consistency is a staple of this site.
- Erin 15:08, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
Deleting pages with no replacement?
Why in the world would you delete the page "Pink Dandelion (Seed)" without creating the "Pink Dandelion" page with the same information? There's also no "Dandelion" page, but I found you deleted "Dandelion (Seed)" page as well, with no redirect and no new page to take its place. --ShadowsFell 15:54, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I did not delete Pink Dandelion (Seed). I moved Pink Dandelion (Seed) to Pink Dandelion. I then deleted the page because it had no content and no one ever added content. We do not allow no content spam on the site.
- I did not delete "Dandelion (Seed)" and no such page has ever been created. I did delete three "Dandelion" pages, as there is no such thing in game as a "Dandelion" and all three were bad pages for a non-existent item with false or no content. All articles on this site correspond directly to specific in-game content, non-existent items or pages for them are pointless. You should ask before accusing. Erin 07:57, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
Why ban me?
Hey its me santa22, and i had one question that i think you need to explain?
The block was made by ErinEmeraldflame. Reason given: creating vulgur page adding to previous Start of block: 16:53, March 5, 2012 Expiry of block: 16:53, March 5, 2014 Intended blockee: Santa22 Block ID: #1546 Current IP address: 69.***.***.***
Could you please explain to me what vulgur is?
- The user Santa22 created a new page named after an indecent sexual term. Erin 18:35, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
-- No i didnt, i wasnt on at all from January until just a couple of days ago. and i dont know what your talking about......
- Said page was made in January, it is in the user's (deleted) contributions. Erin 06:30, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
-- Someone just removed the message i left for you But as i said, i checked, and checked again. and i did not see what your talking about. could you show me? because i know that i didnt do what you say.
- The details of the page are present in the user's deleted contributions. They created the page and were the only editor. I am not going to point it out again, I am not going to restore the page, and this is done. Erin 08:29, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Don't spam my talk page with irrelevant information (which I removed) and stop circumventing your block. I will say for a third time that it is in the deleted contributions. I am not going to restore the page for everyone to see as that would be completely inappropriate. All you have done is deny what you did, you were the only editor of the page and it did not exist until you edited it. This conversation is done. Erin 16:47, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
When someone leaves you a message, could you reply on their talk page? They may not get the message if you don't.
- Conversations are done on the talk pages they began on so they don't bounce all over the place. I recommend checking the pages, the recent activity, or following the pages of users you converse with. Erin 06:32, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Needing some change
I think that your time as Admin has come to a end. You locked the main page so updating the page on whats going on in game can't be done. You also have the Wiki on Central to Handle and you should let the people that don't or can't use Central to have a place to use.
I doing this because you have no right to stop the growth of this site. Yes we add pages and update information were it may need it. I will be contacting Wendy (Community Support Team) and ask for the current Admin staff to be removed and let others take over.
I'm truly sorry that it has come to this, but we have had 2 world updates since Celestia and this needs to be open for all to use and Update when and what ever they see fit.
184.108.40.206 17:16, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
Someone Needs some facts
- The Main Page has been locked for years to prevent vandalism and pointless nonsense. The main page is for important operating announcements and links to important information. We don't get company updates.
- I have nothing to do with Central.
- There are 1000 new pages since exodus.
- All valid content pages which follow the rules of the site are kept (first-hand information, no guides, no spoilers, no copyright violation, no spam, etc.). This has been policy for a very long time.
- If you want more new pages, make them! You can't blame me because the people responsible for all the site content left for another site.
Erin 06:25, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
About Wizard 101 Wiki
Thanks for the welcome you gave me. I have noticed that some of the other zones of Wizard 101 haven't been added yet. All I can tell you about Zafaria is that it envokes the atmosphere of Africa. Rtkat3 (talk) 9:38, April 11 2012 (UTC)
Where did all the info go?
Ok over the last month I've watched changes take place on wizard101.com/wikia that has made this site almost useless get get help for playing wizard101. Over a month ago the site started using video advertisements which caused my explorer to crash. I worked through it because the information I could find on Wizard101 was worth the effort when I was stuck and needed help. Then this site appeared clean no issues running it however a third to a half of the game information is missing. Quests, Items, Regents, Vendors, Pets, all incomplete. Where's all the information that was availble on the old site? Can the old site still be accessed and if so how? I need a place to go to get help with playing this game when I get stuck and I can't find the answers here. Thanks --220.127.116.11 17:11, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
- We have zero control over the Wikia-placed advertisements. Contact Wikia about problems.
- No pages are actually "missing". The site is incomplete due to abundant new content and most users leaving a long time ago now. I remained to keep the site up. This is the old site. A brief summary is buried in the older announcements on the main page. Erin 18:23, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
why ban me 2
Ok dude, i been waiting for a while to reply, but since im tired of waiting. ill just say it.
If i did somehow make remake that page, i am sorry, thats something i would never do. also sorry for all the trouble i also been giving you, i was just trying to defend myself, and try to get unban.
Could you please unban me?
Santa22 12:06, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
- It looks like you have already been unbanned? Erin
-- No, my user is unban but my ip for my computer is still ban, so the only way i could do any of this is to go over to a friends house, or change my ip address. Could you please unban my ip? -unsigned
- Which ip? Erin 06:37, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
Block ID: #1632
- Blocks are by user and date, the ID is no help. Erin 17:19, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Last warning: no test realm. Read the rules and stop breaking them. Erin 17:19, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
My real ip is... 18.104.22.168
i dont usually put my full ip anywhere, and sorry about the test realm thing, i have not made any pages for a while. Santa22 02:16, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
Hey dude, i just wanted to say thanks for unbaning me. I will try not to do anything to get myself ban again, thanks for a second chance. Santa22 08:16, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Fixed. I am still working to undo vandal work from when Merrystar messed up the site. Erin
I am Adam Emeraldflame. wow--22.214.171.124 02:50, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Erin Emeraldflame! Thanks for posting a comment on my page! :) --126.96.36.199 15:43, May 13, 2012 (UTC)Ashley Anglebreeze
Banning my other account
Look, I wasn't trying to make jibberish content. The file was broken so I thought there was something wrong with it (at that time I didn't know files didn't need underscores to work). So can you tell me what I did wrong besides that?
- Be more specific. Erin 17:47, May 14, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I'm new to this wiki. As a matter of fact, this message will be my first edit here! So, could you link me to a page/site that will teach the basics of the game? I've yet to try it out since I don't have access to my computer at the time. 188.8.131.52 20:27, May 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Try the game's website, its on the Links page. Erin 17:29, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
plz respond []
- I don't arrange game meetings on the site. Erin 19:51, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
It seems that a image is missing, but i dont really know what you do to get it. its the armor piercing image
--Santa22 01:42, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
- You need to get it from the spell just like the damage image on the same page. Erin 05:58, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
I am trying to put the spell Helephant on the Aqua-Bot page but it won't show and I checked and the picture for Helephant exists. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
- You have to spell the same as the page or the link will not work. Erin 05:58, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
Why did you take away the Science Center page?--Queen Awesome 00:27, June 6, 2012 (UTC)Queen Awesome
That page vandalised and deleted a site template. I restored it to the correct name and place. Erin 19:28, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Look, I wasn't trying to vandalize it, in fact, did I even do anything at all? Look at the history for User:Beautiful Heart. I was just trying to help.
- In the end, you repeated what the vandal did but more. Don't break things when you don't know how to fix them. Block removed with a warning. Erin 06:18, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I am new to this site, and finding it very difficult to navigate around the site. I actually picked the link up to this site from the wizard101 message boards.
I noticed you don't have some of the pets I have gotten, but I think they may be new pets to the game. I tried to add one using the infobox thing but not sure if I completed it correctly. The pet I added is the Forest Beast. I have trained it up to teen and it learned the talent, Spirited. I'm not sure this talent does anything for my wizard, though it says Power affects all stats, so maybe it gives a small stat boost to all stats?
I also picked up the Blaze Beast and the Spark Beast. The Forest Beast is of the Life school, Blaze Beast is of the Fire school, and Spark Beast is of the Storm school. Each of them gives a card at baby. Forest Beast gives Lifeblade, the Fire Beast gives Fireblade, and the Spark Beast gives Stormblade. I can get pictures of all three if you like.
- Read the Editing Guide first. It leads you how to do everything, first-hand knowledge only. Erin 06:14, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
This site is inaccurate and out of date, I will now move from here to the central wiki where i can edit without having all of my hard work erased J0shuwa07 02:57, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
Hello i have edited your page and im not sure if youre happy with it I edited the Rewards part because i got the blue raptor from a code from kifreegames.com if you dont want the changes you can always edit it back.GOOD LUCK!
I was fighting Nergal and Scarlet Screamers spawned after his death - Noah Dragon
- -Show some patience and don't be rude.
- -Extra players arrived after the fight started.
- Erin 06:32, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
untitled by unsigned
Um how do I make it appear on the screen because my page didn't look to good when I finished it.
is my picture bad?
Hey i just wanted to ask you erin if my picture is right for this wiki its off the game wizard101 hyrda i didnt know if you want me to remove the picture. --The Don Of Nyc (talk) 20:48, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
Why did you delete the picture from the Cerberus page? -Chix777
- I undid an edit outside the template. Upload your image of the pet only to the place already on the page. Erin (talk) 06:17, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Erin, I searched Zafaria and it said that all the information on Zafaria had been deleted by you. I just wanted to know if you were gonna add different stuff or if I could redo to page. Thanks
- No information was deleted, only spam, nonsense, and garbage. Erin (talk) 17:10, August 3, 2012 (UTC)
TyA is a Wikia volunteer with the Volunteer Spam Task Force, we often drop in on wikis when we are alerted to spam or vandalism. This is why he has the ability to rollback edits and such. We do not mean to step on your toes and are only trying to help out the wider Wikia community for the greater good. Sorry for any confusion that occurred from this situation. --Austin (Talk) 05:50, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Rollback without follow up hides the vandalism from site admins and emboldens vandals. Leaving the rollback to admins means proper blocks can be administered following site practice. Erin (talk) 17:39, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Yet you obviously saw the vandalism enough to revert to it and then undo it again, so you seem capable of noticing it when it happens. ~ty 18:11, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- No, I did not see it. Your assumption is wrong. I found your reversion by unrelated luck, and found the vandalism from your contributions, because your reversions hid its occurrence. If not for that, they would not have been noticed. Argumentative attitude is not wanted, needed, nor appropriate. Erin (talk) 07:01, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- And it does not embolden vandals because if they are persistent enough/do not stop, we will also block them as appropriate when local administrators are not already present to do so. --Austin (Talk) 19:44, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Based on years, thousands of site vandals, and detailed observations on this site, yes, it does embolden both the person who was not punished for the action and other vandals who copy the activity. These effects are well documented and there are local administrators here to take care of it. Again, argumentative attitude is not wanted, needed, nor appropriate. Erin (talk) 07:01, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Yet you obviously saw the vandalism enough to revert to it and then undo it again, so you seem capable of noticing it when it happens. ~ty 18:11, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
sorry for death scarab page i was getting rid of false information and i accidentally messed it up
Wizard Wiki in spanish
Hello, there is some wiki in Spanish in Wizard101?
Um, hi this is IanD101. I was trying to make a new page because I fought this new enemy while playing. It says on making a new page it says click source. But when I saw the editing page it didn't have the "Source" button. --IanD. 101 (talk) 22:45, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Wikia removed that when they removed edit summaries and other things. If it is a problem you have to do it in preferences if you can. Erin (talk) 18:27, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, i need some help on the "Onyx shenlong dragon" page could you please set it up correctly ( already made the page) so i can just enter the information in, i am new here so i do not know how to do it but i do know how to set up the information after. please help. Also I cannot look on the help page Becuase it is out of date, like what is a source code and stuff