Read Before Posting
I am not on Wizard101 Central nor do I work on that site. That is someone else who used to be an admin here.
Read the Editing Guide before making mistakes.
I will reply to messages on the talk page they are posted to maintain continuity of the post.
Erin 06:40, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
Post New Messages below this line:
New Admin Candidate
The user you mentioned asking for admin privileges should absolutely not get privileges.
Firstly, all of their changes are just ripped of of another site. They posted massive copyright violations and appear to have no original content at all.
Secondly, they changed structures and names arbitrarily and thoroughly messed up the structure of the site without any understanding of how the site works. They destroyed a ton of links, and removed a lot of material that shouldn't have been removed.
We expect a thorough understanding of the site, only posting original material, extensive experience with many functional edits and extended time on the site, and not to be violating site policies and copyright law before even rollback status is granted. Here is our guidelines:
- In general, we hope that administrators have shown their ability with many different aspects of the site and have more experience before they become an administrator. Some things that can show this include:
- Effectively using the templates (using available Infobox templates for new pages, using older Wikia code templates if Infoboxes aren’t ready)
- Making complete pages on a variety of different parts of the wiki, not stubs
- Understand the structure of the wiki and develop a basic understanding of the wiki’s code.
- Reaching a larger number of edits is also a good display of experience with the site in general, but please don't take this to mean that tons of little edits will help show your ability, quality is more important than quality.